Monday, April 2, 2007

Not Very Happy With A Large Retailer

Normally I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for. Back in the middle of December our TV went out in our bedroom. Amongst the hustle & bustle of the Christmas season, I had a lax in judgement & purchased a 32" LCD TV from a large discount retailer. Three & 1/2 months later that TV is already being replaced. The retailer has a firm 90 day warranty policy & the manufacturer (who I have never heard of) cannot be reached it seems in any venue. I have now found many comments about this TV & none of them are good. I have learned my lesson & paid the price. I must say this lesson stings a bit. I hate to overpay on anything & then to basically throw away the first $700.00 does not make my day.

3 comments:

lkmanitou said...

*boo hiss for crummy electronics*

What on earth happened to your TV? That's absolutely ridiculous that it would go out within a few months of purchasing it, especially since the retailer nor the manufacturer will do the honorable thing. I trust electronics reviews at Epinions if you're looking for a replacement TV. (We're happy with our Samsung and Mitsubishi TVs.) I just can't get over this!

cocker mom said...

The only button that works on the tv itself is the power button. When you push the power button on the remote the 1st time it turns the picture off but leaves the sound. You have to push the power button on the remote 7 or 8 times before the sounds also goes off.

Anonymous said...

Nice story you got here. It would be great to read more about this matter. Thnx for giving that information.
Joan Stepsen
New technology gadgets